Experience Berkeley Program
For Transfer Students (EBT)
Experience Berkeley Transfer (EBT) is a free program that provides Black, Latinx, Native American and Pacific Islander community college students with mentors, tools and resources to complete a competitive UC application and prepare for transfer to UC Berkeley. We are still accepting applications for our 2022 Experience Berkeley Transfer Program! We are currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis until all slots are filled.
For questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Attend 1-on-1 or group check-in meetings hosted by your program mentor on a bi-weekly basis in a virtual setting.
- Receive 1-on-1 support with your UC Application (July-November 2022). You will write several drafts for your UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQs).
- Connect with UC Berkeley admissions officers, alumni, current transfers and build community with other CA community college students.
- Attend a 90-minute virtual workshop, one Saturday a month (July-November 2022) that cover strategies on how to be a competitive applicant and prepare for transfer.
- After UC applications are submitted, you will continue to receive support from mentors and attend workshops that will help you navigate your college admissions decisions (January-May 2023).
- Must self-identify as Black, Latinx, Native American and/or Pacific Islander
- Must attend a California Community College
- Priority is given to students who identify as first-generation and/or low-income
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA to apply (3.5 and above preferred)
- Must be complete transfer requirements (60 transferable units) by Spring 2023
- Must be applying for Fall 2023 admission
Students from these populations are encouraged to apply: Formerly Incarcerated and/or system impacted (a close family member/loved one is/was incarcerated); Low-income; Caretaker; DSP Student; EOP Recipient; Experienced Food and/or Housing Insecurity; First-generation; Former Foster; Low-income; LGBTQIA+; Head of Household; Undocumented; Student Parent; Work full-time; Work part-time; Veterans